So as soon as I finished a sock with a stranded stitch pattern, I switched to a sock with stranded colorwork.
I’ve had ideas for these socks running around in my head for awhile, and I’m so glad I finally get to to put it all together.
I’d never done colorwork before, but it’s not like I was going to let that stop me! I just did a swatch and then ran with it. It’s been a good learning experience so far, and I’m pleased with the results, despite the minor tension wonkiness (yes, that’s a tension issue on the middle left, not an actual mistake). It should block out just fine, though, and it really does look better than the picture lets on.
The heel flap was a bit annoying to work, given that it’s stranded colorwork knit flat. It’s also a bit longer than I’d prefer, but it was kind of necessary because of the way the numbers for the heel turn worked out. Speaking of which:
This was eighteen short rows of sheer pain. Okay, maybe not sheer pain; I’m exaggerating a bit. But let’s just say it was my least favorite part.
I’ve just started the gusset. I’m not entirely sure it’ll work out the way I want it to, but we’ll see what happens.