So I still haven’t made progress on my right glove (although I really should). I’ve been spending lots of time with FPS and Eris lately. But, I did finally get around to blocking my left glove, and now I know what to improve upon.
I did the first stitch of every color change round a bit too tightly on the fingers, so I’ll have to remember to do it loosely.
Unfortunately, I was left with a bit of a hole on the thumb, so I went back and sewed it shut. Note to self: pick up an extra stitch and knit it together with another on the next round.
And finally, the hand is indeed a bit shorter than I’d prefer. But, it’s only one row off, so it fits, mostly, and I can wear it.
Although I may end up knitting a fourth glove anyway, because my perfectionist streak has kicked into high gear and I’m not 100% happy. If I don’t have enough yarn left in the ball after I complete the right glove, I can always unravel my prototype (I never did weave in all the ends, so that shouldn’t be too difficult).
Yeah, I know. Four gloves to produce a pair is kind of ridiculous. But I don’t actually think it’s such a big deal, because like I’ve said, my gloves are tiny little things.
To give you an idea of the scale:
This is why I can’t wear adult small gloves.
Hopefully I’ll get my right glove done over the weekend. And then I’ll decide on whether I’ll really knit a second left glove or just wear the one I’ve got.