I’m starting to feel like I’ll never be done with my FO backlog. But I’m getting closer! Today we have my first FO of 2011.
Remember how I mentioned that I’d already used some of the yarn from my frogged projects? Well, here’s what I did with some of the Fairways leftovers:
Pattern: Musica Fingerless Mitts (Ravelry link) by Anne Neumann
Yarn: Dale Baby Ull in colors 7436 and 7502
Needles: US0 Inox grey DPNs and US2 Crystal Palace bamboo DPNs
For those of you who don’t know me that well, music’s always been a part of my life, whether it’s playing an instrument, singing, beatboxing or just listening. So when I stumbled upon the pattern in Ravelry, I thought it was a great idea. Especially since my first – and somehow worst – instrument is piano, and piano music uses both of the clefs in this pattern. (Well, vocal music can too, but my own parts only use the treble clef!)
However, there were a few things about this pattern that I didn’t like. The clefs on the pattern are a bit out of scale with the staff. Also, I didn’t care for how the staff slanted in the same direction on both mitts.
Finally, my gauge was completely different from that in the pattern, and would have resulted in a too tight, too long mitt if I’d used the same number of stitches and rows.
So, I basically drew brand new charts, using Anne Neumann’s as an inspiration.
I sort of messed up the center stitch on the thumbs – I’d neglected to include them on my charts so the color pattern’s a bit off. Oh well. I’m still pretty pleased with these overall!