Okay, let’s start looking at my 2010. I somehow managed to go half the year without finishing anything. Until I finally did a quick project, that is.
I used Ysolda’s shorter, fingerless Farinelli notes as a starting point, but made some additional modifications due to the heavier yarn and gauge. Mostly I recharted the lace, to shorten it by two rows and narrow it by two stitches. Basically, I cut out the very center bits from each main lace repeat.
I also reworked the decreases to better suit my arms.
I probably should have cut a little more out from the lace, or eliminated another plain repeat. If I had blocked these gloves more aggressively, then the lace would stand out more, but the gloves wouldn’t actually fit. I opted for blocking to fit, but the lace suffers a tiny bit.
Oh well, they’re still lovely and more than just wearable, and I really enjoyed the pattern, so I call this project a win!