I finished the waistband for the Chamomile Tunic a couple of weeks ago:
I love love love it. It’s not perfect, by any means, but I totally don’t care. It’s close enough, right?
So I started the knitting portion. I ended up knitting down from the waistband to the hip first, instead of up from the waistband to the neckline like the pattern calls for:
This is mostly because I hadn’t made a decision on sleeve length yet, and I didn’t want to make that choice until I had a better idea of how much yarn I have left for them. I mean, I didn’t want to say “hey, I’ll do elbow length sleeves!”, knit those along with the rest of the upper torso, and then not have enough yarn for the bottom half. Oh, the joys of using stashed-five-years-ago yarn.
I’m making a few modifications beyond that, too. The pattern doesn’t have any waist shaping, but I added some to my version, in the interest of not looking completely boxy. I’m still aiming for a bit of positive ease in the bust, which is a bit of a departure for me, but I’d like to keep it a little looser without losing my shape entirely.
I’m also planning on doing yoke shaping rather than raglan. I thought about doing set-in sleeves, but I do those all the time and could use a change in construction techniques. Besides, it’ll be a good exercise, I think.