I’m pretty darn pleased with my only March FO!
Yarn: Brooks Farm Yarn Four Play
Needles: US 5 / 3.75mm and US 6 / 4.00mm Clover bamboo circulars
As for the pattern? Well, I didn’t use one, exactly. Rather, I cobbled it together using a number of different resources. These references include Amy Herzog’s Fit to Flatter series, Sandi Wiseman’s tips on bust dart placement, Jenna Wilson’s “Ravellings on the knitted sleeve, part III”, and the armscye calculator by French Roast Design.
It’s comfy, fairly cute, and goes with much of my wardrobe, so what else could I ask for? Well, a couple of things, but this is mostly because I tend to be a bit critical of my own work. Such is life when you’re me, I guess!
The back and front both use vertical darts, rather than side shaping. Though I don’t think I did quite enough shaping. The hips and bust are fine, even if there’s a little more ease than I intended. The waist, on the other hand? Way too much ease, even taking the generally loose fit into account.
I kind of wish I’d done either a straight V-neck or a regular scoop, rather than sort of a hybrid between the two. I also wish I’d put in more buttons, to prevent some of the gapping action going on (it probably would have also helped if I’d started by placing the top button a little bit lower) . But these are pretty minor complaints, honestly.
Finally, shorter sleeves. As I’ve mentioned before, these end just above the elbow, since I didn’t have enough yarn for longer ones. Seriously, I had just enough left for seaming.
Speaking of the yarn, I absolutely loved working with the Four Play. However, as I’ve said before, it tends to grow a lot after washing. Also, I’ve worn the sweater a fair amount already, and there’s some pilling under the arms now. Although, I wonder if both of these problems would be reduced by knitting at a tighter gauge. I guess I’ll have to buy more some day and test that out!