I’m really glad the weather finally cooled down enough for me to model this sweater, because I finished it two months ago and have been wanting to share it!
I never really used to knit patterns in colors close to the original. But now? Look at Arm Candy. And Peregrine. And now, Vignette! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, because those are all colors I love anyway. But still.
Although the funny thing about that is, I was actually originally planning to use this yarn for Peregrine. But then I bought the Cascade 220 Sport during a sale, and then Vignette was published, and, well… I changed my mind. And I’m really glad I did, because I love this sweater. I did get seriously stalled out – it took me nearly two months to get around to seaming it, after I finished all the knitting – but I’d like to think it was worth the wait.
I recalculated everything to fit, as usual, but I do wish I’d made the fronts just a tad wider, to keep them from pulling so much at the buttonband. I also included bust darts, and I think I may have finally gotten the vertical placement right! But I probably should have moved them about a half inch or so closer to the buttonband. Oh well. Still, I think I’m getting better at this bust dart thing!
I had to rework the front chart a bit, due to my different row gauge and need for more rapid increases.
I also had to change the sleeves. It’s partly because ¾ sleeves are not flattering on me. But I was also limited by the yarn I had – I would have preferred long sleeves, but since I didn’t have enough yarn, I went with short ones instead. These aren’t perfect – I kind of wish I’d made them a hair shorter. And I’m also not sure I love the turned hem, though I think that’s probably because I sewed it down a little too tightly. But I like the sleeves well enough.
Imperfections aside, I’m pretty happy with my Vignette! Now if the weather would just keep cooling down so that I can actually wear this…