Thanks to a combo of remnants swaps and leftovers from my own projects, I wound up with a fair amount of Dale Baby Ull in my stash. So to help reduce that amount, I did a couple of small colorwork projects earlier this year.
I stumbled upon the Carola’s Mittens pattern ages ago – I think someone may have faved it – and bookmarked it, but for some reason I never got around to using it. Until now:
Pattern: Carola’s Mittens by Juliana Frychel
Yarn: Dale Baby Ull in 5755 and 5135
Needles: US0 / 2.0mm and US3 / 3.25mm Inox DPNs
The obvious modification was making these fingerless mitts, since I have very little use for mittens. (Okay, so that didn’t stop me from making Anemoi Mittens back in the day, but I think I’ve gotten slightly more practical in the past few years.) Not a super intuitive knit, but I found it really fun anyway. And I dig the finished product!
And because I hadn’t hit my fingerless mitts limit yet, I made another pair:
I kind of wish I’d gone up a needle size for the colorwork, but otherwise I like these, too.
So, I’ve gotten some of my Baby Ull out of the way. Now I just have to figure out what the heck to do with the rest!